Wednesday, August 25, 2021

40 Words for 40 Days: Day 38

Hello dear friends,

    Our word for this evening is ATTENTIVE. Isn’t that the oddest word? I must admit, I had no idea of what to write to encourage us, until I came across this photo of Zion helping Damascus warm-up to the puppies. His patient, ATTENTIVE stance is a great example.
    What does ATTENTIVE look like in your life? I’d love to hear your thoughts? For Dennis and me, it means not missing the important moments happening right under our roof, or before our eyes—you know those ordinary, extraordinary moments. Take a deep breath right now and breathe it out slowly, then let yourself settle, quieting your mind. Now think about the last few days or hours, ATTENTIVELY seeking out something perfectly normal, that you noticed or someone else did, that encouraged your heart. For me, it’s this photo and writing to you right now. In the hurry scurry of each day I must force myself to stop and ATTEND to that which unfolds before me. Otherwise, I miss the most important details.
    The stunning events of 2020 have shaken our world and changed us, but there is comfort in knowing that nothing surprises God. He is unchangeable and has missed nothing. Psalm 34:15 says. “The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are ATTENTIVE to their cry.” This verse reminds me of the story in the Gospels of Jesus amidst the clamoring crowd, all seeking help and healing. A woman who’d been sick for twelve years reached for his cloak, believing that if only she could touch it, she’d be healed. Jesus noticed her even when no one else did and was ATTENTIVE to her silent plea. He turned and saw her, then said, “Take heart daughter your faith has healed you.”
    In the struggles of this season that seek to steal our focus, let’s surrender our fear and worry to God. Instead, with trust and faith, let’s set our minds on honorable things, believing that God’s plans are good—because they are! He is ATTENTIVE to us, his beloved children, in our ordinary and extraordinary moments.
    See you tomorrow! God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment