Tuesday, August 17, 2021

40 Words for 40 Days: Day 30

    Elias (28) lovingly calls me, “Weirdo!” for all my eccentricities. Gabriel (30) says he loves my lemon-yellow coat, along with, ‘Keep it! It’ll always come in handy if you decide roadwork is your next career move!’ And Magdalene (25) likes to remind me, ‘Patterns? The more the better—on you—you can’t wear normal clothes!’ The dogs, as you see, are always telling me things as well. My job is to learn their native tongue (I’m certain it’s a love-language).

Can you guess what our word, on this 11th day? It’s BOLD.
    Be BOLD! Why not? There’s no time to lose! Be BOLD in what you love to do and how you love to live. For me, I love people and beauty, God and the joy of knowing him, and being known by him! My life-long goal is to love BOLDly, in word and deed, even when it’s hard and harder still!!! Part of navigating my own sinful nature, through confession, repentance and Jesus’ clean-slate grace, is to BOLDly believe the truth of his Word! I must lay aside the sin that tempts my heart, even if it’s as simple as self-doubt or despair, and to run headlong into Jesus’ unconditional love. In BOLDness I proclaim, I’m free in Christ, beloved by him and called with a purpose to live BOLDly! I believe who he says I am! Believe in him and what he says of you!

    What do you love? Love BOLDly! Who needs you? Love them BOLDly! What gives you joy? Seize joy, BOLDly? What binds you? Ask BOLDly of God for freedom from that which seeks to captivate you! You are not who you’ve been in the past, with forgiveness through Jesus, you ARE a new creation!
Who do you want to be now? Dreams? Hopes? Plans?
Seek God in BOLDness, ask for courage to live for him, fueled by him, fulfilled in the love he’s always displayed in his Holy Word for you!

    His BOLD promises are the true north that lights our lives from this moment to our last breath, then first breath in heaven! “Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very BOLD.” 2 Corinthians 3:12
    Bless you! Be BOLD! You are loved!
(And exclamation marks are my favorite, in case you hadn’t noticed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment