Sunday, August 15, 2021

40 Words for 40 Days: Day 28

Dear Friends,

    How are you on tonight, on our 13th night? I’m well, because our word this evening is CONFIDENT. Even just writing the word and I feel it!
    About three weeks ago, as my rough day came to a close, a friend called. She sensed my low spirit and spoke the word CONFIDENCE over all of my troubles. Have you ever experienced this? She named each struggle, then countered with a prayer of CONFIDENCE over me. It felt rejuvenating, and the captive feelings from difficult details I needed to wrestle, dissipated. My weariness disappeared and clear-minded strength returned. Oh the power of words!
    Last night Dennis described the difficult procedure he’d be facing today. After 31 years of marriage, I still marvel at his ability to cut open someone’s chest, sew their tiny vessels, then put everything back together for the healing of the patient! How can a person develop such CONFIDENCE? For Dennis it’s years and years of doing the next thing well with humility, as he works for the Audience of One. He knows surgery will be the only way to freedom for many, this fuels his CONFIDENCE!
    In what does our CONFIDENCE stand? I’d say ours is on the eternal conclusion to a life well lived. In John 14:6 Jesus says, “I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” If we stand on the truth of God’s Word, we face each trial with CONFIDENCE, because we know that what matters to us, matters to God! Jesus is everything he says he is and more! He has created us with dreams and visions of great joy, I am CONFIDENT that the seeds he has planted will return with a mighty harvest! Though the mountains may fall into the sea, we lift our eyes to the maker of those mountains! With CONFIDENCE we say, “Come Lord Jesus!” Because soon he will, and we’ll be found CONFIDENTLY doing the work he’s set before us!
    Blessings and joy to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment