Sunday, August 1, 2021

40 Words for 40 Days: Day 14

Today we celebrate this moment in life, 27 days, with the word,

PRESENT.
    My scripture today is Psalm 67:1-3 “May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations. Let the peoples praise you O God; let all the people praise you!”
    When Magdalene was days away from leaving for college, she shared a poignant thought, “Mom, I’m
super thankful you’re a present mom.” For all the weary nights of pouring out my struggles in motherhood to God, and wishing I could have a re-do, her comment has remained a staple of encouragement to my soul. And so I’ll give you this reminder as well, your presence is invaluable in the lives of those you love. Your presence speaks volumes even when you have nothing to say! Be. Just be. Sometimes that’s all we feel we have to offer, but it’s vastly more important than we can imagine! In these complex times, when chaos seeks to unravel us, even reminding ourselves to be present in the life we lead, is necessary.
    In this Psalm, the phrase, “make his face shine upon us,” holds my heart. This is what God does! All the time! He IS shining on us and our response is to praise him in return. When we lift our hearts in praise, the mirrored light of our Savior’s face shines through us. It’s by grace that we are saved through faith, not by what we’ve done, but by who he IS! And he is PRESENT!
    I look forward to chatting tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment