Wednesday, August 25, 2021

40 Words for 40 Days: Day 37

Hello dear hearts!

    How are you this 4th day? My word today is PEACE and it’s quite a marvelous gift when FB posts our memories. Three years ago, I wrote this on PEACE, so tonight we depart from my daily writing, and hear words applicable from the past!
    Magdalene hid the Halloween candy somewhere out of reach. Tomorrow I’ll find, it but today...hmm, I’m pondering all the curious places it might be. High or low, I’m up on a stool or peering under something else, it exists, she said so...and I’ve seen evidence of it. Currently, however, it’s nowhere to be found.
    Isn’t that how PEACE feels sometimes? It’s somewhere—most certainly, but just out of reach. We search around, peeking here and there, frustrated or determined, anxious or anticipatory, certain it’s deeply hidden in something. Yet that something often ends up being so much of nothing, empty and dark. We know PEACE exists but we’re left wondering.
    These are the days when we wait. We trust the promises of God. We believe what The Word says. “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:4
    Candy like PEACE is ever so sweet. Tomorrow I’ll ask Magdalene where she hid the treats, but today God is showing me where I can always find PEACE, even in this tumultuous life, when some dare to say it doesn’t exist. PEACE is found in God, in his unending love. Ask, he says, he has ample stores, his heavenly cabinets are overflowing! “PEACE I leave with you, my PEACE I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
    Be enveloped by God’s PEACE as you finish reading this, he is with us, he loves you more deeply than you can imagine and his PEACE is everlasting.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment