Monday, December 27, 2021

Solid Ground

What is the solid ground of life? Things feel so shaky sometimes and that on which I can rely isn't always trustworthy, neither is the whom=me! For the last two days I've been thinking about these words from Hebrews 5:7, "During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission." Prayers, questions, tears, surrender...hmm, I can do those things. Every day of our lives we can be heard by the one who can save us. How lovely is this truth! The accomplishing, the failing, the strength, the weakness, the trust the fear...my own complicated recipe of self can be replaced with the simple direction of what Jesus said and did. To begin this day with these simple words is to know that I am on solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment