Monday, November 29, 2021

Footnotes

It is in the footnotes, that I often find the most choice morsels for the day ahead, and the thoughts we share. Here is the tastiest one, from God's inspiration through a German theologian (I think), through Rev. Arnot, to us, "The whole visible world is only a parable of the invisible world...yes, the parable is nature's own language in the human heart." Yes, Jesus used the language of story, to free the thoughts of many to whom a conversation might never reach. I become easily entangled in the muddle of my own mind, but then, someone else's story comes to light and the transforming power of life outside my own head, pulls my thoughts into alignment, and unity with others. This morning I thought to share one story, but in the midst of beginning, two precious people came to me through messages, in need of prayer. God bless you as God weaves his love in and through the story of our day and the ones with whom we are privileged to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment