Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Houston Summer #1


Written 6/21/22

“Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.” Psalm 40:5

    ‘Divide and Conquer’ is no longer our catch phrase! When work called Dennis to Methodist Hospital in Houston for the summer, he said, “I can’t go without you!” 
And I answered, “No you can’t!”
    With the help and blessing of our whole crew, dear friends and my mom, home in Idaho, we are enjoying all the dates we’ve never had in thirty years of marriage here! While Dennis heals hearts by day, I thought I might write my sequel. Instead, I’m savoring our own fresh real-life chapters. I walk for hours filling my tank with praise music and prayer, smiling at every passerby that lifts their eyes to me, beholding God’s creation and enjoying the tiniest details as well as the grandest structures of this magnificent city. Daily I meet someone new, and am honored to catch a glimpse of their incredible life. The people. That’s what’s truly exquisite about this place! Will you join me on my walks sometimes when I have something to share? I’d love to show you what I see! I’m capturing every moment of this life sabbatical and precious time cultivating our sacred marriage. Receive. That’s our word. We’re receiving the grace of this gift, from our people and our good, good Father! And there’s no place on earth we’d rather be than here right now together!


No comments:

Post a Comment