Monday, April 13, 2015

Remind Me

The sky in the daylight, almost as beautiful as in the night.
     At 1:23 a.m. one child needed me and then another, both had slept through the necessary bathroom visit. Then the old dog barked and dripped her way to the door. 
     As I stood on the edge of the cold porch and looked up into the night sky, awe overtook me. From background tones of deep navy, a myriad of billowy clouds, in soft gray and white spanned the heavens in full canopy, while stars twinkled as if in lively conversation with one another. Under the silent crescendo of the heavens, I felt miniscule and privileged to be invited to such a display of majesty.
     Now here is what I happened to read this morning, in the study section of my Bible in reference to the first sentence of John, "In the beginning was the Word..."
     "A deliberate echo of Ge 1:1 to link God's action in behalf of the world through Jesus Christ with his first work, the creation of the world. Word. Greek logos, a term Greeks used not only for the spoken word but also the unspoken word, the word still in the mind - the reason." (NIV)
     The reason...the unspoken belief in our spirit, that draws us to the truth, that Someone has created all that is within and without us. Sometimes I need to be awakened from deep sleep, for my soul to remind me, that in this vast universe, our Creator loves us!












   




No comments:

Post a Comment