Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today


Today I stole away to a secret place-the sunny place, where quiet lives. The sun-soaked bench, tucked out of sight beckons me often, but I am a long lost friend. These moments are sweet reunion with solace, a wise and faithful companion. My days of mothering are vibrant; tugging on every emotion, enveloping my heart, as our children live out-loud. The dance is beautiful and confusing, I confess the two left feet often take the lead. It is then we fall, and to regain our footing requires soft words of repair for which I must dig deeply, from the Source far beyond my inadequacy. The Source is strong against the bombardment of chaos. Here now the solitude welcomes my spirit to pour out the struggle, from weary flesh, and sit and breathe. The gift of God's lavish grace drenches my parched soul as confession and repentance make room for the mending and renewal. God is good, available and waiting. He never sleeps or turns His face. He is in your solitude and in all that threatens to consume, He is the living hope and you are precious in his sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment